The mission of Coyle and Cassidy’s Health Services Department is to provide a program that is dedicated to the promotion and maintenance of the health and wellness of our school community. We strive to provide a safe, caring and healthy environment for both students and staff in accordance with Department of Public Health regulations.
Our goals are to provide a comprehensive scope of health services, teach disease prevention strategies, and promote healthy lifestyles. The Health Services Nursing staff provides preventive services, early identification of problems, interventions, and referrals, to foster health and educational success. The school nurse also collaborates with health care providers to provide resources to promote health and wellness for students and faculty. Resources include primary care providers, mental / behavioral health services and prevention programs.
The Health Services Department is integral part of the educational team. Health education is ongoing each day and the school nurse acts as a resource for parents, pupils and teachers in providing counseling and materials regarding the individual needs of pupils, as well as faculty.
The Role of the Health Services staff includes:
Pediatrics. Role of the School Nurse in Providing School Health Services. Council on School Health. Pediatrics. May 2008, VOLUME 121 / ISSUE 5. Available at: http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/121/5/1052 Accessed October 16, 2017
- Teen InformationTeen Information
- Young Adult InformationYoung Adult Information
- Teen Mental HealthTeen Mental Health
- Parental Divorce and AdolescentsParental Divorce and Adolescents
- American Heart AssociationAmerican Heart Association
- National Institute on Drug Abuse for TeensNational Institute on Drug Abuse for Teens
- Massachusetts Bureau of Substance AbuseMassachusetts Bureau of Substance Abuse
- American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney DiseasesNational Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- American Red CrossAmerican Red Cross
- A to Z Health & Human Development TopicsA to Z Health & Human Development Topics
- Adolescent and School HealthAdolescent and School Health
- Medline drug information Medline drug information