President’s Blog February 8, 2019
February 8, 2019
To All in our Coyle and Cassidy Family:
How could it be that next week is our final week before February vacation! This year truly is just flying by!
Congratulations go out to many of our students at Coyle and Cassidy! Our students are so talented and we are so blessed that they share their many God-given gifts with all of us!
- Congratulations to our senior Brianna Duffy for receiving the Diverse Educator Scholarship Award and senior Haleigh Hunt for receiving the Presidential Catholic Schools Scholarship both at Regis College!! We are so proud of these wonderful young women for these well-deserved recognitions.
- Congratulations to Shakespeare State Finalist Karoline Brechter! Karoline is now on to the State Finals to be held on February 9th at UMass Mount Ida campus! May God Bless you, Karoline, as you continue on in this great competition!
- Congratulations to CC artists whose work will be part of the Youth Art Month exhibit in Boston, sponsored by the Massachusetts Art Educators’ Association! Artists included are juniors Abigail Hoye, Krystal Slivka, and Rebecca Little, as well as freshman Daniel Graham. In addition, pieces by freshman Andrea Domingos and senior Krystal Freitas have been selected for inclusion in the Massachusetts Amazing Emerging Artists Show! This select exhibit is also a part of Youth Art month. The exhibit runs from February 11-March 27 at the Massachusetts Transportation Building in Boston.
- Congratulations to Louis Brechter ‘19, Nathan Orcutt ‘20, and Steph Slade ‘21 for being selected into the 2019 All State Honors Choir. They were selected from thousands of students from across the state and will perform at Symphony Hall in March.
- Many congratulations go to our winter season athletes for all their great accomplishments! Special congratulations go to Rachel Johnson of our girls’ basketball team who reached a career milestone of scoring her 1,000 point! Special congratulations also go to Coyle goalie, Brett Borges, for being selected to play and represent Coyle and Cassidy on the South Team in the 2019 Shriners MSHCA Seniors All Star Classic Game on March 31st at 4pm at the Canton Ice House! Congratulations to all for their hard work and many thanks and lots of appreciation for representing Coyle and Cassidy so well! Continued blessings to those teams still continuing with their seasons!
We continue to work on our expansion of our STEM education. We continue to identify important technology for our makerspace and we should be making additional purchases as we enter March. This past week a team of us travelled to Worcester to visit the Massachusetts Math and Science Academy at WPI and then we spent time with Dr. Mia Dubosarsky, Director of Professional Development at WPI’s STEM Integration Center. The visits provided us with a great deal of information and many ideas. However, the best result of the day was to establish relationships with these people and entities as partners as we continue our expansion of STEM education.
Next week Mrs. St. Laurent will be leading the effort to engage all high school students in scheduling for next year. It does not seem possible that we are at this place already, but it is time!
Thanks to parents, alumni, and friends who continue to support our Parent Appeal and our Annual Appeal. For those who are reading this blog and have not yet contributed to either our Parent or Annual Appeal, please know how essential your donations are to the programs we are able to provide for our students. We have engaged in the Renaissance of Coyle and Cassidy because we believe that all our students should receive access to all the programs and tools they need in order to be well-prepared for their study and work beyond high school. Please know we need your help and no contribution is too small. As a reminder, you may contribute via our secure website at www.coylecassidy.com or by mailing in your donation to the school to Mr. Jack O’Brien, Director of Development, Coyle and Cassidy High School and Middle School, 2 Hamilton Street, Taunton, MA. 02780. Also, for those wishing to break up their donation into a series of payments, you may set that up on our secure website. May God bless you for your continued, essential support of Coyle and Cassidy High School and Middle School.
Dr. Bernie Audette